Monday, February 18, 2008

Things Above

IF then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Colossians 3:1-4


It was a gray morning, soggy and overcast. Ben, Hannah and I decided to go out for a ride. I have been a little down lately, so I was encouraged when the Lord brought this verse to mind today, "Set your mind on things above". Sometimes I get a little too focused on the here and now. I take my eyes off the goal and set them on things that will soon pass away. It's too easy to get distracted when I am tired or discouraged, but God is still there, leading me along, nudging me when I come to a standstill and carrying me when I can't take another step. "I 've got a mansion, just over the hilltop". How could I not smile about that?

8 comments:

  1. Isn't God good! He is always there for us. Lovely picture, great blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. I have been enjoying yours very much.
    Alice Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a great verse! I love you very much...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture. Is it a church near you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorite verses. I love Colossians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priscilla, we passed this church on our way out to Michael's yesterday afternoon. It is on Wilkinson, not far from Lollipop Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, true. I find myself in the same place often times. "Set my mind on things above"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all get like this sometimes, ESPECIALLY in this long winter weather!! I have to remind myself, too, that I should fixed my eyes on HIM!! It helps.
    Sometimes I have to remind myself, too, that I have NOTHING to be depressed about!
    I was just reading in "My utmost for his Highest", that everybody struggles with depression sometimes.

    ReplyDelete