Friday, February 29, 2008

For Vicki

Vicki has tagged me for seven more random facts. I'm not the best at tagging others, (even as a kid I had a hard time catching anyone), but I'll combine it with a "Friday Flashback" and give it another go.

1. When I was a child we owned a dachshund named Katie (actually Kathryn von Bora).


2. Kate and I were once in the kiddie parade together. I went as a clown and she went as a dachsund. We didn't win a prize but it was fun never the less.


3. We almost always had a cat, but once we had a sick one who Dad had to clean up after each morning. Dad got rid of the cats and hasn't had another since. (He watches birds instead.)

4. For several years I shared a finished attic bedroom with my sister Priscilla.

5. I hate getting wet and especially hate cold water, but my friends and I used to enjoy water wars on hot summer days during Jr. High.
6. I don't ever recall stepping on a bee but pricker plants I've had plenty of experience with.
7. As a very small child I loved Velveeta cheese. I never buy it now and can't remember the last time I had any.



10 comments:

  1. Seven random flashbacks... I like your memories and your pictures. We should hang out more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Velveeta was a treat too! But haven't bought it in years! I think it might be nice for making grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had that shirt from the hose photo!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dog is sooo cute. And that picture sure looks like Bethany. I enjoyed your "seven random flashbacks". Ah, junior high. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, we had Velveeta too. Do they still make it? And Cheese Whiz in a jar...remember that?

    Love your "seven" especiall with the pictures. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and all of your memories.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your seven memories too! I'm not so sure I can even remember that far back. Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo of you and the dog in the car! That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a dog named Katie and my mom still buys Velveeta. Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh all those things bring back good memories!!!

    ReplyDelete