Monday, February 25, 2008

The Jesus Style

Gayle Erwin was our guest speaker at church yesterday morning. (I felt good enough to go.) Known for being animated and always wearing a smile, he is a pleasure to listen to. The lesson yesterday was on forgiveness and how, wrapped up in total forgiveness, is the necessity of prayer, not just praying for the ability to forgive, but actually praying God's blessing on whoever I am at odds with. I like to think of myself as a forgiving person, but a reminder is always helpful. Sometimes those feelings of animosity return and I must go back to the Lord again. I am thankful that God has taught and continues to teach me this valuable lesson.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I love guest speakers at church who seem to speak right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Good reminder!! Forgiveness is a beautiful word, and even more beautiful when given away!

    LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you got to hear him in person! I listen to him on the radio. ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you felt good enough to go. I've never heard of him before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a wonderful message. I don't often struggle with this, but am sometimes surprised when things sneak up on me and I need to "really" forgive!

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of him before. He sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a very good message, especially since it was a day in which I needed to practice forgiving.

    ReplyDelete