Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Cold Winter Wind

Thank you to all who left comments on my last post. It's been a rough weekend but I am getting through it. I know there will sad moments yet, but I have so much to be thankful for. I know that if God's eye is on the sparrow and not one falls without his knowledge, then he also cares for little dogs and those who love them. I can't question why He let this happen, I just have to trust Him. Maybe someday He will give me another little friend.

It is a very cold and blustery day. We had some snow overnight which is now being whipped around by the wind and swirled through the air. Most of it seems to end up sticking to the roads making driving interesting. Our driveway had been stripped of its snow when we returned from church late this morning. The yard also looked like an ice rink. Old footprints, frozen in the ice, looked fresh but no one had been there. They were our own, left days ago when the snow was soft and slushy. It's possible those footprints will be around for a while. It's supposed to be a cold wintery week. I will have to think up some good inside activities. Maybe Troy and I will bake some more cookies.

9 comments:

  1. Brrr! It sure is cold outside! I think I'll stay in where it's warm, and try to get some cleaning done.
    Did you hear from Ann?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that is a really cool looking picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I just got home and read about your puppy. I'm so sad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sounds like a baking week ahead. I recently cleaned out my deep freeze and found frozen pie filling-apple and peach-so should probably bake a pie, or two. We'll see!
    God bless you with a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't wait for the cold to over! Enjoy baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you mom. I will try to call soon. Maybe tomorrow (today).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jim. That would be nice. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been ill...and am finally getting well again. Today was the first time I left my house since Thursday. Just stay healthy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete