Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wearing a Little Blush

It was a lazy morning. The clock read 7:30 am. I knew I should get up, but the covers wrapped their warm arms around my shoulders and convinced me to stay just a little longer. It was just about eight o'clock when I heard Jasmine bark downstairs. I hopped out of bed and looked out the window into the driveway. Was that Bryan's car? What was he doing here at eight instead of eight-thirty? It took me just a few seconds to recall that he had asked yesterday morning if he could drop Troy off a little early today. "Blush" I grabbed my seldom used robe from behind the bathroom door, threw it over my pj's, and headed down the stairs to answer the door. "Where was James when I needed him? In the barn working. Where were my kids? Still sleeping." In my humbled state, I welcomed Troy inside and Bryan laughed at my embarrassment and forgetfulness. It was a good thing I hadn't climbed into the shower five minutes earlier! I started to wonder if I had recently prayed for humility or if God was just continuing to answer an old prayer.

8 comments:

  1. LOL!! I find God is constantly answering a prayer, scares me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent honest story of life....You are so real, Martha.

    LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. I hate it when things like that happen. At least we can laugh at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7.30?? You lucky duck!
    I have to get up at SIX !!
    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I am babysitting this week to help out a friend, but thank goodness I can answer the door in my pj's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! Good thing you hadn't gotten in the shower a bit earlier. Maybe if you had, one of the kids would have heard the door.

    ReplyDelete