Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ice Fishing

Once the lake freezes over, I'm thinking about doing a little ice fishing. Winter sports usually aren't my thing, but I've heard that with ice fishing you can actually set up a little shack out on the ice. Not only does a small structure break the northern wind, but it serves as a great place to put an old reclining chair and relax for a bit. I think it may even be permissible to have the shack heated. If this is true, I may take up a winter hobby afterall. I'm not really so concerned about catching anything as keeping a positve attitude and making use of that body of water in the backyard. When it warms up, maybe I'll set up a blind and go duck hunting.

7 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! I can really relate to that! I think our town has a serious drainage pblm., don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, darn! I thought maybe, just maybe Teal lake would not materialize this year. Sounds like your 'tude is good! and duck hunting sounds like the thing to do, you should start now training Ellie Button to retreive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do your kids have ice skates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can't beat it...join it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question: If the ice shack is heated, will it melt the ice and you will fall in the pond??

    I think you must be a brave soul to try ice fishing. You know you can get frozen fish in the market((smile))if you want "ice fish".

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny! I think you will LOVE ice fishing on Teal Lake.

    ReplyDelete