Monday, February 04, 2008

An Explanation

In a previous post I listed a few things about my self and thought I would take this opportunity to explain # 3 I prefer privacy in the restroom. (Shelly will understand.)

In May of 2002 I drove to Pensacola, Florida to pick up my oldest son from college. My good friend, Shelly, did not think it wise for me to travel the distance alone and kindly asked her dear husband if she could go along with me. I was greatful for the company and one sunny morning we set off on our grand adventure. The longer we drove, the sillier we became. Somewhere in Ohio it was decided that we should send a postcard home from every state we passed through. (Finding a place to mail them was quite the challange.) We had just crossed into Kentucky after driving many hours, and it was past midnight when we pulled into one of those little stores along the highway for a potty stop. We had to ask where the ladies room was. When we found the little back room and opened the door, we were both surprised to find two working toilets sitting side by side, no divider. We are good friends and have been for quite some time, but this kind of sharing was something neither of us had planned on. I looked at her, she looked at me and we both started laughing. "You go first" I said.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite an explanation. I would have to agree with your list, then, I would rather privacy in the bathroom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, of course, is not the restroom we used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's friendship. Was there one role of toilet paper to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Well, who's restroom is this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know whose this is, but it was the best "two-seater" photo I could find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,you had me fooled! I was amazed that you took a pic of where you went to the BR on your trip. My guess would be that men would do this together, and not think twice about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I was wondering too why you called them two working toilets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this was the real picture, too, and thought how clever you were to take a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way. I hope you both used the toilet on the left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. teehee! It always makes for a good laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandparents had a two seater like that. There's nothing like a memory of sitting in there with a cousin and using the Sears catalog for toilet paper. Yeah, there wasn't usually TP in there.

    My grandparents had 16 kids and I don't know what year they got plumbing but I'm sure it was after the kids were born. I'll have to ask my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What happened to the picture????

    ReplyDelete