Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Little More of Winter

Yesterday there was not much snow on the ground. I drove out to and back from Priscilla's house on dry roads, but last night the snow started to fall and today it looks like winter again. That is the beauty of living near one of the Great Lakes, "lake effect" snow. It really can be very pretty and adds some interest to an otherwise long drab winter.

I went out yesterday with no clue what craft we would be doing with the kids. I thought maybe Priscilla would have some ideas, but she didn't. Instead I looked around her house a little and spotted a sock snowman relaxing on the piano. Cute idea... Alicia said it was filled with white rice and she had made it in kindergarten. (She's almost 9 now.) We made a stop at Walmart on the way home and picked up some small white socks, a large bag of white rice, and some colored pom poms. I think they turned out cute and the kids were happy too.
PS Check out my "Kid Stuff" blog for Ben's castle slide show!

8 comments:

  1. I love the sock snowman! Good idea for kids. Smarty Priscilla and Alicia, thank goodness they save stuff, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowman is adorable, but I could have done without another blast of winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little man turned out nice!
    We don't have new snow YET, but we still have a lot of ice on our mountain! Not to compare with the city where your sister lives!! They have hardly any ice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project!

    I'm just about ready to return to the cold north. We miss Koty terribly. Donna emailed, and I guess he's having a great time with her dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You give us such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowman turned out so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete