Friday, August 08, 2008

Beautiful Feet

How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"
Isaiah 52:7

I have been thinking on this verse and wondering just what my feet look like to Jesus. Are they beautiful to Him? Have I put on my feet "the preparation of the gospel of peace"? (Ephesians 6:10) Have I prepared and am I willing to step out and share the gospel of Christ with a lost and dying world? Or am I too busy tending my own sore and achy feet? If I actually wear shoes, my physical feet are much more willing to take me where I need to go. If I neglect to protect them, they eventually cause me pain and I am even less likely to venture out. The same is true for my spiritual feet. They must be cared for daily, protected, prepared, and exercised so that I am ready and able to share the love of Christ with those He brings into my life. He died to wash away my sin, He took my place when I deserved to pay. How dare I keep that good news to myself? I need to put on those gospel shoes and go running!

5 comments:

  1. Funny, I have been thinking on this today. My devotion for today was on this very subject. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said, you keep me looking up and putting my foot out the door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful and insightful Saturday Meditation...

    Love the picture of the little feet ~~ precious.

    BTW I laughed till my sides hurt at your comment on the Watermelon post. I could just see you and Rachel spitting seeds at each other...Please tell your husband, this is NOT childish, but you and Rachel are practicing for the spitting contest at the Olympics.

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never win the spitting contest. Once a seed or two gets stuck in Rachel's hair or on her cheek, I can't stop laughing to spit a seed.

    ReplyDelete