Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wanna Play?

Yesterday we took a drive to the Fisher Price Toy Museum in East Aurora, NY. The Little People were always my favorite toys when I was a little girl, so it was a fun place to look around.
Bethany went along with us and even Josh thought it was a pretty cool place, bright, colorful, and full of wonderful stuff. He especially like the playroom where he could crawl around and touch things.



There were cases and cases of unplayed with toys looking lonely locked behind cold glass. It's hard to believe that the rough looking bunch of toys I keep in a bucket in the corner of my living room once looked like that.
It was a fun day out. We didn't go home after visiting East Aurora, but headed north toward Buffalo and crossed the border into Fort Erie. More on that later...

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a very cool place to visit. I love the Fisher Price toys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! My kids would love to look at those toys. They could spend hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know such a museum existed! I am going there!!!!The hospital where Aaron was, the Women's and Children's Hospital in Buffalo, was "sponsored" by Fisher-Price, and there were tons of their toys in the play areas. I have a whole closest full of those things in the glass case, the kids have played with them through the years, and we have lost many Little People, but we still have all the buildings, Merry-Go-Round, Ferris Wheel, ect. I am more attached to the collection than the kids are. Thank you so much for sharing!

    della

    ReplyDelete
  4. T. had oodles of little people! Sturdy! Were there finger prints on the glass case? :) Do you have to have passports to cross the border?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had so many of those toys. I miss them. I played with little people more than anything else. I loved the boat, camper and the A Frame house the best. Although the town was cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahhhhhh! You went without me! I still need to go some time. Wish I could have gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was always pretty partial to the castle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. I clicked on the picture with the glass cases. I relized you have half that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Allen, I guess you're right! It's in "much loved" condition though and there are still a few pieces I'd love to get my hands on, like the camper truck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some of the toys in the display case can be found in my toy box and are favorites of my grandkids. I bet several of them will become Josh's favorites.

    ReplyDelete