Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Call of the Not So Wild

Its time to start walking more diligently again. The orchards are calling. Last night I took the dogs on a very short walk and by the time we returned home Sofie was looking somewhat green. They cut the grass in the orchard yesterday. She is hardly big enough to make it through the long grass with not much promise of getting significantly bigger, and her longish white hair is quite close to the ground. Good thing she's washable.

I did some ironing this afternoon and find that my neck and shoulder are rebelling. I think some Advil may be in my very near future as we have a Kid's Class to lead at church tonight and I don't think I want to take a headache along with me.

7 comments:

  1. It would be hard for me to walk in the orchard and not flinch an apple, those look mighty inviting.
    LOL!! your dog got grass stains :)
    that is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your shoulder and neck. Mine are feeling somewhat better today after a massage by my hubby and a heating pad last night and today. You got one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A walk in the orchard sounds lovely! I like your photo too. Hope you feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the Advil before the achiness settled in too much. It went away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of ironing... I found two darling "Hot Cotton" blouses at the trift shop, but cotton needs ironing. So tomorrow, I will iron.

    Love your picture...my neck and shoulders hurt when I spend too much time at the computer.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you said the dog looked green, at first I thought you meant sick - like she was really tired. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orchards in my neck of the woods mean apple orchards...soon the apples will be ready for the picking....

    Hope the advil did the trick...

    ReplyDelete