Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sleepy Morning, Busy Day

It was a deliciously sleepy morning. Thick clouds darkened the sky and a cool breeze rustled the leaves outside my open bedroom window. I pulled the blanket up over my shoulder and moved closer to my warm husband. I longed to relax and fall into a deep slumber. It was the perfect morning for sleeping, but I had to get up. It was 7 o'clock and I had two little boys coming at 7:30 am.

I think that Tyler and Troy have played with or at least asked for every toy in the house. We've had the Fisher Price out, the dishes and McDonald's going, blocks, cars, Lincoln Logs, and Play Mobile. They've been in and out of the house, playing "doggie" with Sofie's leash and checking out Hannah's Place, running around the barn and making a lot of noise. I am not used to two loud little boys. When Sara and Alysa come I barely see them. They look for Hannah and disappear with her for hours or play a quiet game of cards. I rarely wonder what they are getting into. It's a different kind of day. The girls are not here, just the boys and Josh. Poor little Josh is sleepy but his portable bed is not here and he is having trouble sleeping with all the commotion. (Actually, he just went to sleep on Hannah's lap.) The boys will be going home around 1:30 pm and Bethany will be here by 3 pm. I need to do some shopping. We are out of milk, sugar, shortening and other essentials. It will be a late afternoon grocery run today.

7 comments:

  1. You must be exhausted! It sounds like a fun day though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can see it all coming, you will have this in no time with two little boy grandchildren! Geritol time. :) Extra little prayer for you today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! Gmj, I never even thought about the grandson thing. You are right, things will not be quiet around here for long! Tyler and Troy weren't naughty today, just loud and active like boys should be. So, does Gertiol really help? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure was a sleepy morning. It was almost 9:00am when I got up, but it was about 1:00am when I went to bed.

    It sounds like a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a busy day, but I think Gmj is right. You are just preparing for those grandsons:) Yeah! I was just praying for David and Leta yesterday and for their little baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL.. no Geritol makes me constipated if you want the truth. Just increase your vit. b- complex.
    that helps with stress to BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL.. no Geritol makes me constipated if you want the truth. Just increase your vit. b- complex.
    that helps with stress to BTW. :)
    Oh, and T. has News!! Good News.. go check out her blog :))

    ReplyDelete