Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Running Errands

It was a busy day of running errands. Hannah went along to keep me company. She doesn't talk too much and sometimes makes me wonder what she's thinking. We stopped at three different banks to cash a check, pay the mortgage, and deposit some cash. We dropped off some letters at the post office, made returns at Target, Sears, and the hardware store, and filled the gas tank. We walked around Walmart and also hit the grocery store. We were gone for several hours and I was still able to bake some cookies and get supper on the table before church tonight. The cookies never would have happened if we hadn't dropped the carton of eggs.

The other day I was talking to Shelly on the phone and she happened to mention it has been said "If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it." This has been bouncing around in my little brain for the past week. Why is it that one day I can get so much accomplished and another I feel as though I have done nothing? It is also said, "If you aim at nothing, you are sure to hit it every time." I suppose the challenge is to find some goals and fill up my dyas instead of wondering how to clear out the schedule. Hmmm... the question is, what do I want to accomplish and how can I get it done?

4 comments:

  1. You sure did have a busy day, wow! I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very productive. :)
    I, on the other hand, only managed to wander around Walmart. Twice. I forgot the stamps I went in for in th first place. Hope you arn't tired tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's about time we baked some cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing that Josh hung out with his other Grandma yesterday. Good work getting all that done and still making it to church for evening service.

    ReplyDelete