Thursday, August 21, 2008

Going to the Beach

Hannah spent the day with a friend, so I decided to take Sara, who wasn't with me last time, to see the Sodus Bay Lighthouse. She was excited to go and, of course, climbed the steps to the top of the tower even though she says she is afraid of heights. Alysa was thrilled to climb the tower for the second time and to show her older sister the sights from the top.

After visiting the lighthouse we drove down to the beach. First the girls looked for shells which are few and far between, and then, after walking back and forth in the shallow water, decided to build some sand castles. Alysa pulled the sand into a pile and packed it smooth and Sara dribbled wet sand into a lumpy tower.

None of us were really dressed for the beach. The girls were wearing shorts and had crocks on their feet, but I was wearing long jeans and my socks and sneakers. I occupied myself taking pictures and looking for a good "bucket shot".

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful slide show, great times and good memories. Makes me smile knowing you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha, I've missed so many wonderful posts... I was just scrolling down and you take wonderful pictures.

    Hope to get my life back to normal soon.. Julie had a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the slide show. You're pretty good at capturing life on camera.

    I don't feel good today. My tummy hurts . :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was a wonderful time. A perfect summer day! I love that slide effect. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We usually take the kids to that beach once a year, and haven't been there this year...isn't that the beach with the swing set right in the sand? We went there once in the winter, and it was breathtaking....and freezing. I didn't get out of the van! You definately have a talent for photography....nice pictures.

    della

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Della, it does have a playground right on the beach. The girls were more interested in the water yesterday than the play equipment. Maybe in September or October, when the weather is cooler, we'll go back for the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D "snark" you know that noise you make when you laugh through your nose? Snark!
    (I don't know what you call it when you do the same thing and milk comes out your nose, but David is really good at that. :)
    :D) < That is me with a double chin smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all makes perfect sense now.
    :D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to come visit New York! I just stopped by Gudl blog and saw that you guys got together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI MARTHA! YOU HAVE REMINDED ME AGAIN THAT I NEED TO TAKE MY GIRLS TO THE LIGHTHOUSE.THANKS FOR THE IDEA!

    I AM HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU CAN SPEND TIME MAKING JAMS AND JELLIES AND PIES. IT GIVES ME HOPE THAT I WILL AGAIN BE ABLE TO BAKE WHEN MY CHILDREN GET OLDER.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never did get to the beach this summer. Looks like the girls enjoyed themselves!

    ReplyDelete