Thursday, August 07, 2008

You Never Can Tell With Bee's...

I made a visit to the local library this afternoon. My van had an appointment for an overdue oil change and the library seemed a good place to spend the 45 minutes to an hour wait. I dropped the kids and our present pile of checked out books at the library, left my van at the garage, and walked down to the library myself.
The summer reading theme this year is "Catch the Reading Bug". Not only was there a wonderful Ladybug covering a circle shaped window in a door and some great looking fireflies hanging over the checkout desk, but there were several very cool looking bee's nests in the children's area. These are the kind of projects I would have loved to do with my own kids! They always catch my eye and make me wonder just how I can use them in a project of my own. I think it will be a few years before Josh will appreciate this kind of thing. I guess I will just have to tuck the idea away and haul it out when the time is right.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Martha ~~ You have a cool Library. That is an awesome beehive..

    Our Library is only 3 blocks away, and it's air conditioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: I clicked on Scilly's blog, and got some advertisement about blogging.

    I tried another way, and it said the blog was closed.

    Do you know what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her blog comes up with my link. Did you try that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's our reading theme too but our library never put up any bee's nests though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Let me know how you made one if you end up doing so. :)

    ReplyDelete