Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Little Brother!

When James and I got married 27 years ago, I inherited something I'd never had before, a little brother! I used to be amused by the fact that Darius would follow his older brother around copying everything he did. If James jumped over a log, Darius jumped over a log. If James spit on the ground, Darius spit on the ground. Darius was almost nine back in 1981 and today is his 36th birthday. So today I want to wish him a Happy Birthday and tell him I miss him. Through the years we have not been able to see each other often but I have always enjoyed the time we do spend together. I am greatful for the family reunions that have given me a chance to know my husband's family just a little bit better. I love to watch, listen, and laugh as my husband and his brother tell childhood stories. Each time they are embellished a little more until I can't tell truth from fiction but they are always funny. Hmmm... maybe I really do need to take a trip to the Pacific northwest.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Darius! I think the last time I saw you, you were a teenager going to Young Life camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty cool that you got to watch him grow up. I have to agree with you that it was nice to gain a little brother in the whole marriage deal;) Happy Birthday Darius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will he read this??
    Just in case;;;; Happy Birthday Darius!
    glad you got a little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I will take ANY excuse to get you to come this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday from me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where in the Pacific Northwest does he live?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a distance from you, I am sure. He actually lives in Vancouver, British Columbia. He has decided to be Canadian.

    ReplyDelete