Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Because She Asked Nicely

This afternoon I took Sofie down by the vegetable garden to see if my lonesome zucchini was big enough to pick (maybe tomorrow...). Jazzy followed us down. As Sofie and I headed back up toward the house and rounded the corner of the barn, I heard a rather pathetic "rah-rooowww" from Jasmine. I wondered if she was hurt or had been stung by a bee, but when I returned to look she was just sitting where I had left her.
Poor Jazz thought we were going for a walk in the orchard and had been sorely disappointed when I didn't follow through. I hadn't meant to mislead her and she rarely ever asks for anything aside from supper, so I called to James in the barn and headed for the apple trees. Hannah came running to go along. It was a nice walk with plenty of sunshine and a cool breeze. Now both dogs are worn out and taking naps on the floor. I think I'll lay down for a few minutes too...

9 comments:

  1. How cute, I guess Jazz knows how to get what she wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are growing soft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, who can resist when they ask so nicely??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm growing soft in more ways than I'd care to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post, and your squash looks good enough to eat right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha ~~ thanks for your prayers for our Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. make sure to wash your Squash before eating it. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete