Thursday, August 14, 2008

Elderly Berries

Thus far the day has produced plenty of dirty dishes and one elderberry pie. (Also, for my German speaking friends, known as "Holunderbeere".) I have held the telephone with my shoulder one too many times and am suffering the consequences. Advil has been consumed to help alieviate the symptoms so perhaps I shall yet accomplish something else great and wonderful before the day is done.
Later....
Well, I have managed to clean out, also known as "rearrange", all the junk I have collected as "craft supplies". I am looking forward to having a neat computer room, if that is at all possible. This little room also serves as an entry way when people who don't know enough to use the back door show up at our house. When we hear a knock on the front door we know it is- a.) someone trying to sell something b.) someone looking for a donation c.) the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses or d.) one of our kids being a smart alec. In any case, it would be good to be able to open the front door without having to move a pile of boxes, yes?

12 comments:

  1. Yum. Save some for tomarrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'll be coming over for some pie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assignment; rip the the store and get ice cream to go with that pie then you day is complete! It looks great Martha!! BTW,
    1. I love the picture of Jazz on your side bar.
    2. I am glad you confirmed my thoughts on homeschooling! Smart lady you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a very productive day when there has been baking done. It makes everybody very cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been told it was delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Holunderpie looks yummy!
    BTW I will come to Williamson on Monday instead of Sat. (things came up with the Restaurant)We will go and see the Lighthouse on Monday. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pie looks amazingly delicious!
    (I still haven't made it up to the Bronx to see the artwork of the person you know. I believe there was an article in the NY Times today about him. It looks beautiful. I think it's the person you mentioned. If not, never mind!) Here is a link to the article with a beautiful photo.

    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/a-bronx-artists-ode-to-street-life-in-glass/?scp=1&sq=Daniel%20Hauben&st=cse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Lori, that is him. I have never actually met Danny but was good friends with his wife when we were in jr and sr high school. I haven't seen her since 1981 but hope to make it to NY to see her someday. I believe they left today for a stay in Germany and then France where he will teach a painting workshp. Maybe I'll go to NY in the fall...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, my tongue would much prefer a different kind of pie... apple or cherry maybe.

    ReplyDelete