Monday, August 04, 2008

Morning

This morning I took my coffee and cereal out to the back porch. On warm sunny mornings I often sit on the back steps to eat my breakfast. I am rarely alone. Sometimes one or more of my children tag along, but most often it is my animals who stop by to visit. Sofie sits by my side, watching my every move and waiting not so patiently for one or two of my Rice Chex.

Oreo comes meowing across the yard. He knows there is milk in the bottom of my bowl and hopes to help me finish the last few spoonfuls. Sometimes Bo is looking for a taste of milk and on rarer occasions Little Cat comes by for a pat on the head and a scratch under the chin. Jazzy occasionally comes by for a piece or two of cereal, but most often just flops herself down on the concrete floor for a rest. This morning though, it was just Sofie, looking at me through her much too long hair, and Oreo voicing his presence and bumping against my leg as I greeted the new day.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh.. Such a peaceful life early in the morning without chatter.
    Sopie does need a hair cut! Oreo has ssuch soft looking cat paws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sophie and Molly are so much alike. Molly waits patiently for that last bite of cereal, or especially a little piece of bacon if that's what we are having.

    Oreo is a cute name for your black and white cat.

    It's so hot, Molly has her short summer cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice breakfast companions. You only have to converse if you feel like it!
    Our gray KC likes to wait for the bottom of the bowl too.

    ReplyDelete