Saturday, April 18, 2020

Somebody Said It Was Saturday

Today was a brighter day than yesterday. Just before noon I stopped by my sister's house to pick up a couple of masks. My sweet brother in law has adopted his mother's sewing machine and is honoring her memory by sewing face coverings. She would be so proud of him. In my mind I see her smiling...

From my sister's I drove to the home of my friend Karen, so I could wave at Beanie through the window. I took an outside picture, but I liked the one Karen put on Facebook so much better, even if it is almost four weeks old. We had a nice visit through the glass of her screen door, a virtual hug, and then we waved goodbye.

I got gasoline on the way home. I think it was $2.10/gallon.

The afternoon found me walking around the block twice. I stopped to chat with an old neighbor at the corner, and then chatted with Bethany before taking a call from my friend Angel. Our new baby is improving all the time and will soon be able to join his family at home. This is an answer to prayer. Sweet Henry. (We'll see what he ends up being called once he gets home. Not everyone is fond of the name Henry yet and some might prefer to call him Jackson instead. And then there is Jilly who told me last Monday that she was going to name the baby "Tree." Ha ha!

Late in the day we decided to take a ride to Durand Eastman Park and go for a walk there. An asphalt path runs from a residential area through the woods and down to the lake. It was a beautiful afternoon to be out walking, and aside from the runaway scooter that I caught before it ran off into the woods, we kept our six foot distance from our neighbors.

My son Ben told us he had been there walking today too. We didn't see him, but you know this mama would have broken that six foot rule to hug her son.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit when my son and family were over last Saturday to sit in the driveway and visit..my sweet granddaughter (age 20) shrugged her shoulders and gave me a big hug..lickety split... I really needed that!!
    Walks around our neighborhood have been very satisfying for Hubby and I, mostly because we see new found neighbors and get to see yards and their flowers up close and personal.
    Just finished church on line..
    It's going to be a good day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just about done with the not hugging.
      Church online is great, but nothing quite like being there.
      I am ready for warm weather and blue skies to stay a little longer. Cold and rain have kept us inside and I was enjoying meeting the neighbors. Maybe this week will be better.
      :0)

      Delete