Monday, April 20, 2020

Bright, Bright, Bright Sunshiney Day!

Although every day has a Saturday-esque feeling, no two are exactly the same. Today Hannah and I went to Bethany's house. Although it feels like we are bending the rules, Beth had a PT appointment and needed someone to stay with her older kids while she was gone. Hannah was selected to be the chauffeur. I stayed at the house to supervise my grandchildren.

Josh is in love with his baby brother.

Yes, we got to sneak a snuggle with the baby. A little one.

Idris and Jilly were thrilled to play outside together.

When Beth and Hannah returned, Hannah took my car and went to an appointment of her own. Upon her return we packed a shoe-less Number Nine into the car. He complained at having no shoes, but his mother told him he hadn't wanted his shoes and now he'd lost his opportunity. I smiled because I see where he learns his vocabulary. He told his mother not long ago that he was "oppressed" because she was getting after him for something. Ha ha!

No long walk today, just a stroll around the block this morning. Idris peeked down a sewer grate on the corner and called down, "Hey, Alligator! Are you awake?" Hannah told him alligators live down there in hopes it would keep him from tossing debris down through the openings. This evening I brought my pillow and little blanket downstairs. Someone's been having a bit of trouble staying in his bed at night and I wanted him to know I was ready to sleep in his room if he needed some help. He was pretty certain that wouldn't be necessary, and you know what? He was right! LOL!

9 comments:

  1. Josh looks like a pro at holding babies.I wonder if he changes diapers too? We needed to have more so our kids wouldn't be so afraid of them, ha! I hope he gave the grandma and aunt a chance!
    Hahaha to Idris not wanting you to climb in bed with him. Steven would've loved it if his grandma climbed in bed with him. He says his grandma Kathy tickled his back until he fell asleep once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby didn't stay with me during Beth's appointment. He went along with mommy, of course. Josh would prefer not to share, but he did anyway.
      :0)

      Delete
    2. I had assumed Bethany took the baby with her to her appointment.

      Delete
  2. It's such a strange world we live in, where this is all considered "bending the rules". What are people supposed to do? We had a special circumstance wherein our son Sam needed immediate help, so Paul and our oldest Emily, who hadn't seen each other in person in over a month, drove together to Virginia to get him. We do what we can, but there is still LIFE, and life doesn't always follow a straight path. I'm super glad you got a little visit with those littles, big brothers holding babies: precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della, I suppose rules were meant to be bent a tad. I mean, there are rules that couldn't be followed by following other rules. no one even told Bethany not to drive for a time. What's with that? I am super glad for our visit too. Such a blessing.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Oh Mama, you have the best psychology. I really love your solution.
    I'm so glad you could visit the family and get a few cuddles and smootches in. It definitely is good for what "ails" you.
    Love the picture of big brother and his baby. Precious.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs really are the best medicine.
      Bethany is going to have quite the time trying to balance keeping the baby safe with sharing him with the kids. Oh, my!
      Cuddles and smooches are good for what ails ya.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. P.S. That word Oppressed amazing !!
    What a vocabulary...
    Love the alligator story too.
    You are truly Blessed Martha.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete