Saturday, April 11, 2020

Good Friday

Yesterday was Good Friday. Morning brought snow and wild wind, afternoon brought sunshine and blustery gusts. I stayed home and inside aside from an after dinner walk around the block with my family. It was still cold and windy, but tolerable. (I am a wimp.) 

I'd debated about going, partly because of the cold, and partly because of our Good Friday church service, but Hannah assured me our last walk had taken only twenty minutes and that would put me home on time. It was close, and I felt better for having gotten out to walk.

The Good Friday Experience was sweet. I sat alone with my computer at the dining room table, a dinner napkin in front of me holding a few crackers and a small glass of juice. It was different, but uniting in a fresh, new way. I'd rather have been therein the crowded auditorium, able to stand and sing next to a fellow worshiper, free to hug a friend, but I often don't attend a Good Friday service anyway, and I was there. Death could not hold Jesus down, and a pandemic can't keep Him from us either. Even separated we are untied in Christ.

4 comments:

  1. Easter blessings to you, Martha, as we all survive this CV-19 Easter together. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to get through this.
      Blessings to you as well. Have a wonderful Easter.

      Delete
  2. We did the same. First listened to our own pastor give a wonderful Good Friday message live stream, and then we watch John MacArthur "Grace to You" live stream.
    "Silent Saturday" gives us time to meditate and examine ourselves and our commitment to the Risen Savior. Loving on you Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have slowly been uncovering my room (again) and putting things in place. I found a photo of you and me together and thanked God once again for the blessing of our friendship. I don't know if we will ever be together again this side of heaven, but Heaven knows I love you!

      Delete