Saturday, April 11, 2020

A Month of Saturdays

I am liking weekends for a whole new reason. A month ago they were my chance for a change in the daily routine. Now they put a bit of routine in an otherwise seeming month full of Saturdays (rather than Sundays). Today I got up with my alarm clock, took my shower and got ready for my 9 am appointment with my therapist. Tomorrow I will rise, shower, dress for church, and be ready for the 9 am service. I like routines, loose routines.

I took a long nap this afternoon, probably because I stay up too late at night, and then we took a long walk to the village and back. This time we walked past Main Street and down the hill to Dunkin Donuts where we did not stop for coffee, and back up to Main Street. On our way home we took a detour through the woods, otherwise known as Milton R. Case Memorial Park. (It's really just a little strip of swampy woods.)

I was blessed to get a text from someone who reached out to a couple of my kids in a special way. It's a mom thing. We're taking it easy here at home tonight, watching Spiderman, and playing computer.Tomorrow we celebrate the resurrection.

6 comments:

  1. New routines for a different time, and a great time for long walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time in over a week (because of rain) Don and I took a walk to the bus stop and back. He really needs the exercise to get his blood flowing, to decrease the water retention. The sun felt SO GOOD! Tomorrow we will watch our pastor at 9 am and then Grace to You at 10:30. In all our years of ministry...never have we had a Resurrection Sunday at home!!! A new era! But the good news is the same!!!HE IS ALIVE! Have a blessed Sunday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HE IS ALIVE!
      So glad you could take a walk.
      Love you right back.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you are really settling into a different routine. Ours really isn't that much different than every other day...except we are like kids...tell us NO and that's what we want to do !!
    Dave and I are taking good walks together and I do like that. At least we get the ants out of our pants...
    Speaking of ants..we have been seeing a few "Scouts" on our kitchen counter. What they are looking for..I sure don't know. There definitely isn't anything interesting for them there.
    Maybe they are in quarentine and need to get out and walk a bit too... HaHa
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is very different presently. I hardly know what to do with myself. Ha ha! When the weather warms up and I can work on the yard and spring cleaning, then I will feel more accomplished.
      I saw a sleepy stinkbug in my room yesterday.

      Delete