Thursday, April 23, 2020

I Believe It's Thursday

I have not been out to the grocery store since last week. Yesterday I went to see my chiropractor and followed that will a very cold walk with my friend Chris.  We took a walk in a newish nature preserve in Williamson. The preserve hugs the Pultneyville Cemetery (both sides and around the back) and skirts the edge of Lake Ontario. Yesterday was not only sunny, it was cold and windy too. It was not a day for ice cream no matter how much we love Yia Yia's. We decided to grab some coffee at Dunkin Donuts and socially distant visit at her house. A word of advice- Make sure your bladder is always empty if you plan to be out for any length of time. The places that have public restroom (like Dunkin) aren't letting people in, and this is why we ended up at Chris's house.

Like I said, I haven't been shopping for a week now. Hannah took my car and went to Wegmans this morning, and I thought about going out for a few things myself, but my brake light came on yesterday and I can't take the risk. I called someone who knows more than me and in the course of our conversation found a few leakage spots where I've been parking my car. Boo! I called my mechanic again and he will take a look at my car on Monday. In the meantime, I guess I will have to walk if I want to get somewhere.

It's been a lazy week. Sunday's walk was wonderful, but since them I've been pretty lax. I've not been getting up early enough, and I've stayed up too late. I'm not meeting my own expectations in being disciplined and productive. In spite of this, I am okay. Tomorrow is a new day and more is being accomplished than meets the eye. I've had some really great snuggles from Number Nine recently, and that is a great accomplishment.

 In other news, my little friend Sofie, the puppy I brought home 12 years ago and gave to a friend in 2015, is not doing well. My friend Lia says she cannot last long now. I found myself teary when she said, "She is honestly the sweetest dog we have ever had." I am thankful for this friend who gave my dog a loving and devoted home when I no longer had the time she needed, and yet I still feel sad.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry aboutSofie. She's around the same age as Koty I think, maybe just a little younger than him. I told you he has Lymphoma, right? We just found out Monday morning, and I can't remember when I last talked to you. We took him to the vet because he hasn't been acting right and even though we've felt swollen glands in his neck, I thought maybe it was his anal glands again. When the vet came out to the car after, he said that Koty has all the classic signs of Lymphoma. All of his glands were quite swollen. He said we can put him on Prednisone and that may perk him up for a bit, so we did. He does seem some better, but he pants sometimes like he's uncomfortable. I remember Jake doing that when he was near the end. I cried when the vet told us, I tried so hard to fight back the tears, but couldn't. Not sure how long he has, but I would be surprised if it's more than 3 months.
    I haven't been very productive either. I stay up way too late and get up way too late as well. I did manage to clean out my closet and 2 drawers though, and so I feel like I accomplished something. Since I haven't been on Facebook, I started reading "The Jesus I Never Knew". I really like it so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to press the "like" button but found it missing.

      Delete
  2. The days come and go...I just keep putting one foot in front of the other...
    I sure miss being around and hugging my family and friends...
    I keep telling myself, this too shall pass.
    Enjoy your cuddles with #9..precious memories.
    Try getting a selfie of you two.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete