Wednesday, April 29, 2020

How Did it Get to Be Wednesday Already?

Hm... Only missed a day of blogging and I already don't know what happened yesterday. Ha ha!

Hannah was sleepy yesterday, so when Idris took his rest, she took a nap as well. It just so happened that my sister Rachel decided to come over and take a walk with me. A walking partner is always preferable to walking alone. Yesterday we walked out of the housing tract, across State Rd, and into a new tract on the other side. I'd never even been down any of those streets, so it was a brand new walk for both of us.

I was still waiting for the mechanic to call and tell me my car was ready, but didn't want to call and interrupt him when Rachel left. He texted me an hour later and Hannah gave me a ride to pick it up. I am so thankful not to be worried about how to pay the bill. God knew exactly what I would need ahead of time and the money was in my bank account. My brake light is off and my car is road safe again.

Number Nine had a tough time going to bed last night. He cried and came out multiple times. I finally brought my pillow and little blanket downstairs to see if I might be able to help. The room was pitch dark when I went in and climbed onto the bed. He sniffled for a while, but stopped crying. I was curled up and quiet at the end of his bed, and although last time he had told me, "Go away and leave me alone, Grammy," this time he tossed his stuffed animals down to me, and at one point, just inches from my face, whispered, "Gram, you're my favorite."   

This morning I was greeted by a small voice at the bottom of the stairs, "Grammy! Are you up there?" he called. "Can I come up?" Of course I said yes.

Today I had a pain in the back of my neck. Probably from the couple of hours I lay curled in a ball, asleep in a strange bed. Ha ha! I visited my chiropractor friend a little before 3 pm, and then stopped to see my other daughter and snuggle my new grandson before heading home again. 


It's been a laid back kind of day. We're expecting several days of rain, and it's looking as though I may be going back to work on Monday. Six hour days until the daycare gets going again, which will mean I get to come home and spend the afternoon here. That's good, because I rather like it here.

6 comments:

  1. You sound like an awesome Grammy.❤🙂That's an adorable picture of Jilly. That bike helmet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jilly was making "soup" when we decided to walk down the street. We made her come along and along the way she looked for things to put into her soup. Gotta love that bike helmet!

      Ha ha! I don't know if I qualify for "awesome"but I'll settle for "favorite" every now and again.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. You are an awesome Granny. So many precious babes to love. Oh and that new one...how sweet is he.
    Love your walks...how nice that Rachel walked with you. I have to walk slow with my dearest..but we are walking. Uses his cane for balance but is taking bigger strides. Life is good. God is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a balance being awesome while not interfering. Sometimes I fail, mostly by not stepping up. (Last night he stayed in bed and didn't need any company. That's a plus.)

      If the weather would just be nice, we could go for more great walks in the parks and along trails, but that will come. So glad you and Don can get out for walks. Even slow walks are good.
      I love you!

      Delete
  3. I really love how you interact with your family. You are so good for each other.
    Glad you could get a cuddle or two with the newest cherub.
    It's good that your job will open up again but your time at home has been so precious. God knows what each of us truly need.
    Have a great day...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am missing my other kids and grandchildren, but those days are coming. Going back to work will shift life back toward normal again, and if the world doesn't spin out of control again, maybe we can have a family gathering. Either way, I need to catch up with my boys. I miss them

      Delete