Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Day Number ?

Henry had a Pediatric appointment yesterday morning, and so we saw the kids again. Josh went along with Beth to carry the car seat. Being a valid helper is so good for him.

It was a noisy morning, and a quiet afternoon.

Sunny days with frigid temperatures are disappointing in mid April. We did not go for a walk.

In the later afternoon Idris and I made "Monkey Bread". It's really an old recipe from Mom's red and white cookbook. The original name is "Golden Bubble Ring" but Monkey Bread sounds like more fun. After all the risings, it was barely out of the oven when he was climbing into bed. We promised him some for breakfast and he had a generous helping today.

We woke to snow. Not my favorite April sighting, but not out of the ordinary either. It won't last. Most of it is gone already. Little boys are as excited for snow in April and they are in mid November. Number Nine had to go outside and check it out. He washed the screen door window, dropped a few handfuls of snow in a puddle to melt, and took a taste of the fresh snow before deciding his hands were cold.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, snow!!
    Today is forecasted to be 82F.
    I think I prefer my temps to yours...but for Idris it made a fun outing.
    Yumm, Monkey Bread sounds delicious.
    I'm making banana bread today out of a yellow cake mix and very, very, very ripe bananas.
    I'm going to share it with the lady I do caregiving for. I still am able to do this weekly because it is an essential job. It enables her daughter to do the grocery shopping and gives her a much needed break.
    I had to look at the calendar today to see whether it was Wed. or Thursday...brother !!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are tired of cold, sunny days, but any day the sun shines is appreciated.
      Idris loved the monkey bread. We'll have to do it again.
      I'm glad you have a chance to get out a little and help your lady. Banana bread sounds yummy.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. It's still wintery here, too. Can't wait for some green grass and growing things. Love to hear about your grands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our grass is green, except for when it's white. Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. I was very disappointed to see snow when I got up this morning. We never took our walk today either, too cold. I'm glad #9 enjoyed it! My day was very uneventful. I got a call from my friend, Chyril, and I took a trip to Wegmans, patched up and painted the nail markings on Steven's wall that I didn't do before, did dishes... it all sounds boring, huh? I was a little cranky about the cold weather we've had to quarantine in, it would be much easier if we were in Florida undre quarantine, but I need to count my blessings.
    I hope the baby got a gold star today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tooka little walk with my friend Chris, but we were on the lake shore and it was frigid.
      Baby got a good report.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. I went for an evening walk with Abigail, yesterday, and brrr! The wind was so cold! It always feels good to do it, when you get home all warm and flushed, but it's hard to get out the door when it's so cold, in the spring time especially! We've had a few tastes of warmth, we want it back! Saturday is looking nice though...glad baby is doing well, and that you get out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know April isn't necessarily a "warm" month, but that is how I want and expect it to be. Saturday, you say? Well, that's not too far off.
      :0)

      Delete