Tuesday, April 14, 2020

So Sleepy

Sleep is descending. I've taken a melatonin and tucked myself into bed. It won't be long before my eyes close and slumber ensues...

My beautiful daughter was permitted to remain at the hospital with her baby until at least tomorrow. Adam came home around noon and so I am home in my own bed. I slept half of last night on their couch and the other half in bed with my granddaughter. I must admit sleeping with Jilly in a read bed was much preferred to sharing the couch with the dog. Ha ha! Baby's birth was somewhat traumatic and he will spend a few days under observation in the NICU before being discharged. Safety first.

I did not walk around town with my family after dinner this evening. It was cold and I am tired, so I chose instead to stay home and clean up the supper dishes. Hannah smiled when she came back to a clean house. Tomorrow is another day and it will be faced mush better with a good night's sleep. and I am getting very sleepy...

5 comments:

  1. You made me laugh when you said, "I must admit sleeping with Jilly in a read bed was much preferred to sharing the couch with the dog."๐Ÿ˜‚
    I hope baby is okay and can go home soon. Boo to traumatic births. That should have been avoided if Drs or midwives were on their game. You have a tiny woman who has a history of having large babies. She's had 1 traumatic birth already, a husband who was also traumatized by it and is now fearful, and another obviously large baby on the way, yet you let her carry it full term and don't do a c-section. I want to knock on someone's head, is that bad?๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜… I think I've gotten very opinionated in my older age, or maybe I've always been that way, but some things just seem like common sense to me. Anyway, glad they're okay. I love you all.❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how many words I already corrected in this silly post last night. "Read bed" and "mush better" shall remain as a testimony to being tired. Ha ha!
      I kind of want to knock on someone's head too. I am much relieved that the birth is over and done. I had all the same thoughts as you.
      Love you too, Rachie Baby!

      Delete
    2. I should have fixed that to say "real", but I forgot and just copied and pasted, haha! I guess I was tired too.๐Ÿ˜†

      Delete
  2. Your misspelled words gave me my giggle for the day.
    Glad you were able to sleep in your own bed at last.
    Praying for that new baby and hope he can come home very soon.
    Clean kitchens are a real gift..nice you could do that for Hannah.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Sue. 72 hour of nothing by mouth, and then they'll start feeding him. We're hoping by the weekend. They've had to leave a baby in the NICU before, but nobody wants to do that.
      Yes, a clean kitchen is a real plus in my book.
      :0)

      Delete