Friday, March 02, 2012

Today...

I want to write something but I'm not quite sure what to say. I probably should give up and go to bed, but here I sit...

Mom felt good enough today to go out with Rachel to visit my brother. Maybe the shower late this morning perked her up. Rachel and I put our heads together and decided a tub/shower seat and a hose type shower head would be helpful and it was!

While Rachel and Mom were gone I took off for the grocery store. I got the shopping accomplished and arrived back home before Emma got off the school bus. Tomorrow I will stay home with Mom and clean the house. I heard we might have some small company at some point and I am looking forward to that. Maybe I'll make some more cookies in the morning. I hear all good grandmas bake cookies.

I gave my little dog a haircut late this afternoon. It is a long and tedious job and she is not altogether cooperative. She still has a few stray long hairs and probably a few bald spots, but she is looking more tame and can once again see where she is going. I think I even saw her smiling after it was all over. (This picture was taken over a month ago before her hair grew over her eyes.)

And now, it is really time for bed. The wind is picking up and since we are not expecting any tornadoes here, I think I will be able to sleep. I usually sleep good when the wind blows or the thunder rolls and it's almost eleven o'clock.

3 comments:

  1. I'm puttering and cleaning house tomorrow, too. I've been talking about mopping the kitchen floor all week...maybe two weeks. It's time to stop talking. lol.

    That little dog is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, after my whirlwind week, I need to do some cleaning too.

    I was remembering your little dog being Sophie...yes? She sure reminds me of Molly.

    Oh Betsy...you reminded me my kitchen floor needs a good mopping.

    Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a kitchen floor mopping kind of day, mine needs it too. I was happy to see that Mom seemed eager to see Tim yesterday. It's a little tough for her to get in and out of the car with her bruised tailbone, but she seemed happy and content during our ride. I was so happy to see Tim give her that extra special hug, I think that made her day.

    Sophie is really cute...almost as cute as Koty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete