Thursday, March 08, 2012

ABC Thursday?

It has just now dawned on me that I am totally missing out on the ABC game this week...

So....
H is for Hotdog. I don't know what name you give this mostly summertime treat, but "hotdog" is what I call them. They can be served to little ones cut up on a plate with ketchup, baked into a cornmeal blanket, or slipped into a bun. I have eaten them
boiled, fried, grilled, or skewered on a stick and warmed over a campfire. They've been known to wear ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish, be complimented by onions, or slathered in chili and topped with cheese. Here in upstate NY they come in white or red. In Rochester the whites are known as "porkers" and a little further to the east in Syracuse, I've heard there is another variety called Coneys. (I still prefer the red ones.) With all the different ways to fix them, hotdogs ought never be boring. (Just make sure not to buy the really cheap ones. Mom did that once and I couldn't eat hotdogs for years.)

To see the other participants in of ABC Wednesday Round 9, Click here.

4 comments:

  1. 108 posts, and I believe yours was the first Hot Dog! Tasty choice.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. I love them. We rarely eat them but when we do it's a treat. Spencer would eat them every day if we let him. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the retro poster...don't love the food...it never sits well with me :-( Great post for "H"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and delicious post! I should try it once. I don't know if we have them in my country.
    Wil, ABC Wednesday Team.

    ReplyDelete