Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Day, Another Shower

I know. It's supposed to be "Another day another dollar" but I have something else on  my mind. My mom is in desperate need of a shower. The days slipped by, and since I was feeling so terrible on Wednesday night and all of yesterday, it just didn't happen. Today Hannah is gone horseback riding and I have a small child to watch. The bath will not be taking place anytime soon. Blah. Believe me, it is harder on me than it is on her. By the time I get her into the shower I will want to wash her bedding all over again too.

I doped myself up with Benadryl before climbing into bed last night, I was just that miserable. Waking up this morning took a bit more effort and I forfeited  my own shower today. I am feeling better, no headache anyway, though my shoulder muscles are far from relaxed, and I remain somewhat sleepy. I think it will be a much more productive day than yesterday was.

It's looking like spring out there. The cold, which decided to return after our week of  "summer", has not deterred the grass from growing. I think we will end up having to mow early and maybe wear mittens to do it. The leaves on the trees, unsure whether to unfold completely, appear suspended in time. I pray the farmers find fruit on their trees at the end of the season, though I've heard the stone fruit crop has been lost. I hope they are wrong. I can't imagine a year without cherries or peaches.

PS. The photo has nothing to do with the post. Just one I took at the bus stop this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment