Thursday, March 29, 2012

Is It over Yet?

Note to self- Never, never hold the telephone with your shoulder.

I was in a hurry, but I didn't want to put the phone down, so I did it again. I held the phone between my ear and shoulder. I knew it was a bad idea (kind of like when I overload on gluten), but I did it. I even thought about it as I did. I have no one to blame but myself. I was able to stave off the pain by taking Benadryl one night, but it sneaked up on me late yesterday morning while I was having company. I scarcely knew what was happening and now I can't get it to leave. I've already tried everything I can think of; ibuprofen, Benadryl, coffee, sleep... Blah. Didn't I just say there are some lessons I have to learn over and over? Just when it makes me feel as though I want to die, it will suddenly disappear. Probably tomorrow.

On another note, since I deactivated my word verification, I've gotten some rather interesting comments in my spam folder. Thank you, Blogger, for the "spam folder".

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Rachel, but also, if it's a migraine asprin often works better than some of the stronger medications. Just be sure not to have it with ibuprofen. My husband often takes asprin and a paracetamol/codeine medication at the same time when he's got a migraine. Works a charm. Oh, and his migraines are due to an old neck injury that wasn't well looked after. Generally they come on when he's tired and not being as careful as he should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree with both of you, except that getting in to the chiropractor on short notice is a little tricky for both Dr. Matt and me. I am amazed at how easy my entire body can be thrown off. I've probably got an old injury also...

    I did get a good night's sleep anyway. Erin, thank you for the aspirin tip. I think I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete