Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The Duplos

The Duplos came out to play today, giant, bright, primary colored Legos, perfect for little hands. They were, Once Upon a Time, a birthday gift to my own little boy, probably from his grandparents. Some of the pieces may broken or lost, and the storage boxes cracked on the bottoms, but the dinosaur mamas and babies still smile. And little ones still smile when they come out to play.

We brought the boxes out mid morning and Alex was all smiles. It is good that Hannah enjoys Duplos too because I was soon called away to help my other daughter. Bethany, already drained of energy by prolonged morning sickness, had picked up a tummy bug complete with fever and body aches. She needed Tylenol, Gatorade, and someone who loved her to deliver them.

A half hour later I found my ailing daughter curled up under the covers of her bed, Cat at her feet. Josh, dressed and ready for the day, was playing with his Hess truck collection. Molly the Dog wagged a greeting and even Louis the Naughty Cat came along to say hello. I couldn't go home without at least helping my poor girl with her sink full of dishes. Josh came home with me for the afternoon, which both Alex and Emma found quite nice, and I am hoping Bethany had a very good sleep in her quiet house full of animal friends.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for coming over. What a rough night and day it was. I'm so ready to be feeling like myself now. My tummy is still off today and I'm trying to decide if I should stay home or go to work. I don't know what I would've done without you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you stayed home!

    ReplyDelete