Thursday, June 27, 2019

Loud Crying

It's time to go to sleep, but first a blog post...

It's been a good week full of small children and snuggles. School is finally out and schedules at the daycare are in flux. Late this morning after I delivered lunch to our preschool classroom, I heard loud wailing. Since I had several minutes of downtime, I decided to investigate.

Most of the three year old children sat at the table awaiting lunch, but one small child sat on the floor crying loudly. I sat down next to him and pulled him onto my lap. He did not resist, but continued to howl. I simply sat and held him. I can't remember if I rocked or said anything. He never tried to get away, he just cried until he was done. When the noise stopped I asked if he was hungry. He nodded his little blond head, so I helped him up, told him I loved him, and he found his place at the table with his friends.

Sometimes a little person just needs time and permission to cry it out and know he is still loved. Even big people need moments like that.

(Old photos of the grandkids. Good crying pictures. Poor, Number Six. LOL)

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I understand completely. We had to put Molly down Sunday. Saddest day....tears are still flowing. I just posted some pictures. We all need to let it our sometimes. Love the pictures... they say it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your blog title in my sidebar and immediately thought of Molly. Oh, how your heart must be hurting. She was a sweet little dog for sure. I am so very sorry. ((hugs))
      I love you and I am sad too.

      Delete
  2. Martha, thais put a lump in my throat. I love your sensitivity and yes adults need that too. Hugs and more hugs...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I had more time to love on them, and then when I do I get overwhelmed. Ha ha! Today I chased toddlers for an hour. they sure are quick!

      Delete
  3. Aww, poor lil fella. Yep, sometimes ya just hafta let it out before you can move on.... even we adults must do that sometimes. Bless you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why he was so very sad, but I guess sometimes it's more important to know we are loved than to have all of our problems eradicated. I didn't hear him cry today.

      Delete