Sunday, June 09, 2019

The Barn Collective

I traveled with friends this weekend through the beautiful countryside of central NY down Route 81 and into Pennsylvania. We were on a Mission to reach Clarks Summit, PA. We did not have (or take time) to dawdle along the way.

We passed multiple farms with picturesque barns, but my camera was tucked safely in my suitcase and inaccessible. (It wouldn't have mattered if it had been in my lap.) No, I wasn't ready with the camera, but my eyes were open, at least a portion of the time. (In all honesty, they were closed most of the way home.) As we drove along a barn not 100 feet from the highway caught my attention. I mentally logged its location. (Preble, NY)

Thank you Google Maps for bringing us these images.

The Barn Collective

8 comments:

  1. ...the suitcase isn't the place for your camera!!! Thanks for sharing this bit of your trip. Keep that camera handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! (I know...) But I was in the backseat falling asleep and the driver had a lead foot. Everything would have been a blur. If and when I have a chance to drive, there will be a slight detour or two along the way.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Always have the camera at the ready!
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, I do know this, but I was in the back seat of a very fast moving vehicle.

      Delete
  3. I love barns and Yippee...you went on your trip!
    I sincerely hope it filled you up..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarks Summit is always one of our stops when we travel to Florida to see Grandma or Virginia/D.C. to see Sam...because of KrispyKreme, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think Crispy Cream was mentioned by one of my friends. But we didn't stop there. Maybe next time.
      :0)

      Delete