Monday, June 24, 2019

That Weekend

It was a different kind of weekend. Saturday morning began with a quick trip to Target. Hannah, Number Nine, and me. We had a baby shower to attend at 11 am and hadn't yet purchased gifts. (She's apparently a "Last Minute Martha" like her mother...) We combined our gifts into one bag, popped the child back into the car, and made it to the shower with time to spare.

After the baby shower I made a trip to Lowes and bought some sealer, a big paintbrush, and a brush and scraper. Once I googled how to get the metal seal off the can, I set to work brushing the sealer on. Number Nine helped. Sealing the picnic table was easy. No rotted wood or old paint to deal with. When the table and benches were finished, I went out back to tackle the first woodshed. (There are two-ish.) I scraped and scrubbed loose paint. Number Nine helped. I found him a little brush too. What a dirty job! I was grateful only the south side needed prepping.

On Sunday after church I went back to Lowes. This time in search of some barn red paint. I found the perfect shade, had it mixed up, and headed for home. Since the paint had just been mixed at the store, I got right to work. The woodshed is looking spiffy. I only tipped the paint can over once, and I only dripped a few spots on my feet. After all the painting I was whooped, so I took a nap before going for a walk with my sister Rachel.

Oh, and I sealed the deck too.
:0)

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the red paint color.
    Outstanding job and fun to have #9 help you too.
    We need to get to a few projects too but I just can't get motivated...Too much "Breakaway" camp to recover from.
    Love seeing you doing projects. Have a great day..remember...tomorrow is Hump Day...then it's on to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to get something accomplished. I may not do a perfect job, but I'm trying. I think my dad would be pleased.
      :0)

      Delete