Thursday, June 20, 2019

Simply Complicated

I didn't sleep much Tuesday night. The Naughties have a new home and I was worried their new owner would let them out too soon. My mind is was so full of stressors that it had to pick one to dwell on, so it picked my cats. Last night I couldn't stand it anymore and asked my favorite daughter in law to check on them for me. She made a phone call and then sent me a text. "He said they are doing well. Going out and then coming back for attention. He gave them flea meds and they are eating and drinking just fine and are happy." I am relieved but I still miss them.

After my mostly sleepless night Tuesday, I realized while at work yesterday morning, that I have a multitude of things to throw me off kilter. Simply realizing was helpful. An untimely death, an inability to be with family in their grief, Father's Day, the sale of the house, our son's birthday, our anniversary, finality,... and then the cats. Not being able to sleep shouldn't have been surprising. Once I recognized the pile-up, I understood why I was feeling overwhelmed with worry over the cats. It really wasn't just them, but the entire package.

I slept much better last night, and I also had a call from the faraway Cabinetmaker. I hadn't heard from him in almost a week and sometimes that can be hard too. It's a simply complicated life I live.

2 comments:

  1. Think of you often Martha...and wonder how you are coping...
    I am having a few health issues...
    Take care of yourself...♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you too, Linda.I am coping. I miss my bloggy friends. I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I hope you find relief soon. Your grandchildren are adorable.

      Delete