Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Still (Part 2)

Be still, for He is still... God. 

The women's conference... It turned out to be great. And today I found myself missing the women I spent my time with. Brenda is a longtime friend, Carol is a longtime, but distant, acquaintance, and Nicole used to sit behind us at Calvary Webster, but I don't think we ever really talked, and here I am missing them. We rode down together, shared a dorm room, sat together at meals, and talked late into the night on Friday. We connected, and now it seems strange to be apart.

I'm healing a little at a time deep on the inside. I'm learning to be me, without feeling strange doing it. It's different and interesting feeling comfortable in my own skin. I'd been afraid someone at the conference would shake that feeling away, but I didn't find that to be true. I didn't come away unchallenged, but I didn't come unglued either. God always knows exactly what I need and when I need it. He's kind of cool that way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Martha, this makes my heart sing.
    God is so good to help you get with the people you need to be with.PTL !!
    Deep down healing is wonderful...praying it will continue..baby steps.

    ReplyDelete