Thursday, June 13, 2019

He is Faithful Still

Be still, for God is still... faithful.

In times of intense loss it can be almost impossible to believe that God is faithful... and yet He is. I have searched my blog for the past several days, looking for that photograph of my daughter Bethany and her cousin Jonathan washing dishes in our kitchen sink. At the time he'd never done dishes by hand. We joked that she was teaching him, but inside I know washing dishes by hand isn't really all that difficult. Still, it is a fun memory.

The Cabinetmaker left for Texas today. He didn't make it in time for the service, but he will get there. I asked him last night to take his sister a hug from me. Today I sent her a text, but it isn't the same as being there to literally wrap my arms around her. Or them.  Not being there is hard.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you were not able to go but I hope that she knows you are there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. This is one of the most difficult pieces of being a divided family.

      Delete
  2. Wish I could wrap my arms around you too.
    I'm so sorry you cannot be there with family and I know there is an ache in your heart. Lifting you up to the Comforter today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. There is a big hole in my heart today.

      Delete