Friday, April 26, 2019

Playing Dress Up and Stuff

I was hoping for a warm sunny weekend... But it looks like I'll have to wait at least another week for one of those. Our forecast is not favorable. At least not for outdoor activities that don't include parkas and mittens.

I considered going to the pottery studio tonight after work, but ultimately decided to come home and do a bit of writing. I should have been writing a couple months ago. Perhaps if I had I would still be part of that Step Study... but God had other plans. It was a hard experience, but God never makes mistakes. He removed me from the group and I have to trust that He knows best. It's actually been nice not having to rush on Monday evenings. Last week I came home, and this past week I went out to the house in Williamson. We have an extra few weeks to sort through out stuff, and this is good. We need the time. There is healing in doing this together.

Last night I opened an ancient suitcase full of dress up clothes I'd collected during my "Flower Garden" days. The days when little ones came to my house to play for the day. I threw the smelly clothes into the wash and tossed them in the dryer. Then I folded them up and piled them into a paper bag. This morning I took them to work. The toddlers loved the hats and the 3 year olds loved the dresses. I didn't bother with the suitcase. It smells old and musty. Besides, we wouldn't want some child getting locked inside now, would we?

It was quite satisfying to see several children wearing the clothes I brought. And they were smiling.
:0)

2 comments:

  1. These are so precious.
    There is nothing like "Dress up" and imagination.
    I loved to do that as a kid and I can remember clomping around in my mom's high heels thinking I was so gorgeous.
    Being out of the step study sounds like a good thing for you. Seems you are putting into daily practice what the step study was all about.
    God's Plan is so different from our own...I think I am talking to myself too at this point.
    Love you and have a good weekend..
    Write Away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being out of the step study is good, and still hard. I am processing what feels very much like rejection and doing better than I used to. This is progress. Painful progress, but progress none the less.
      I so wish pictures were allowed at work. Ha ha! The kids were so cute, and so excited to have new clothes to play with. I remember trying on my mom's high heels too, but I never did learn to walk in them.
      Love you too! The weekend is going good.
      :0)

      Delete