Monday, April 08, 2019

And I Came Home

So tonight, for the first time in 42 weeks, I did not go to my step study. I came home instead to a little boy who said, "Hi, Grammy!" as soon as I walked in the door. He asked me to play cars and we sat on the floor together for a bit. Last night, on my trip to Target, I found a shiny, chrome Hot Wheels firetruck in a multi-pack of cars. I took the firetruck out and gave it to him before he went to bed last night. He slept with it in his hand and woke up still clutching it this morning. Firetrucks are his thing.

As I was writing this, I got a text from one of the women in my step study. She said she was sorry to hear she wouldn't be seeing me on Monday nights anymore... I sent a message telling her it wasn't my choice, and then my phone rang. I was surprised to see my daughter's number on the screen. She was surprised to have me answer the phone because even though she'd felt God prompting her to call me, she expected me to be at my step study. (Cue tears...)

Bethany was surprised to hear I wouldn't be going back to the study, and I think even more surprised at a sobbing mom on the other end of the phone. She asked if she could come over. It's been a long, long time since we've had a heart to heart talk. There were moments when I thought that time would never come... but it has. I'm learning. I'm still learning. My heart is still broken, and there are still tears, but I am finding my own broken places and trusting God will heal my wounds, even old ones. I am learning what triggers tears and feelings of insecurity, and I am learning just what lengths God will go to show me that He loves me.

It's late now, and I'll have another set of bags to take into work tomorrow morning. (I need one of those old facial masks my mom used to wear occasionally...) I've heard Preparation H works on eye bags. I looked at it in Walmart this afternoon, but decided I didn't ever want to explain to a doctor why or how I got it in my eye...





Photos of Number Nine from Friday's gathering because I have to put something fabulous and wonderful here.
:0)

6 comments:

  1. Love you Martha and your honesty and vulnerability.
    God will definitely heal those fragile broken pieces of your life. No sermon from me ...just giving you a virtual hug...(((hug))) Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the love and hugs. I know Jesus loves me and God is taking care of me.

      Delete
  2. I join Sue....just hugs and the faith that God never makes mistakes, He is good and faithful and Just, and He is going to restore you fully in His time. You are so faithful and honest in your journey....So much like Pilgrims Progress...you there is an end coming. A good one for you...Cause that's the kind of God we have. Love and Hugs forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus never fails. Friends and family may fail us, even unintentionally, but Jesus never fails. I wouldn't want to be on this journey without Him.
      I love you forever too!

      Delete
  3. I love you too. You are going to get through this difficult journey. You will be stronger for it. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. God is showing me I can handle much more than I previously thought (or could have). It stinks, but He hasn't left me alone.

      Delete