Friday, April 19, 2019

Paid Holiday

Good Friday is one of the daycare's paid holidays. I slept in a little later than usual, hung around the house this morning, and ventured out into the world around noon. Actually, I straightened my room, did laundry, and headed out to the house in Williamson. I packed much of my mother's china cabinet into boxes today. While I did, the Cabinetmaker made me a cup of tea and I shared with him one of the bagels I'd brought from home, and a bit of cream cheese . 

The weather, which was warm and misty this morning, turned cold and rainy this afternoon. I'd left home wearing a sweatshirt and found myself wishing for a jacket when I  stopped at the shopping center to return a toaster and look for a items. I picked up a few tops, a new mattress pad, and two scarves on sale for a song.

The Barefoot Lumberjack stopped by the house in Webster for some metal pieces he'd left in the garage, and we decided to go out and share a burrito at Moe's. The burritos he orders always taste better than the ones I get. I've decided it's because he always asks for steak with peppers and onions, and I typically choose chicken because it's cheaper. I must remember to ask for steak the next time. I think it's worth paying a little extra.

I'm tired tonight. It's raining and I can hear it drumming gently on the roof. A cold, steady rain... It was a good day. Occasionally emotional, but this time there were no tears. I know there will be more, but there weren't today. Healing comes a little at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Yes healing comes a little at a time. So happy to hear it was a good day and you accomplished some things needed.
    Yum, steak with onion burritos are the best...

    ReplyDelete