Sunday, April 21, 2019

Resurrection Day

Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: 
“I have seen the Lord!” 
And she told them that he had said these things to her. 
John 20:18

Early church service followed by breakfast with James at the little diner in the Webster village. No further plans at the moment. No family gathering. No Easter egg hunt. My sister mentioned a late dinner, so maybe I'll take her up on the offer. 

I had a good long weekend, but Sundays have tended to be emotional lately. I am learning to walk through it, rather than crawl or refuse to face it altogether. Last Sunday when I met the CR leader in the hall and she asked if she could hug me, I said, "No, not today." I wasn't there yet. The pain was still too raw. This week I let her give me a hug and I hugged her back, but I told her, "I'm still not there." I'm not ready to sit down and talk it out. I'm not one to harbor grudges or hold onto resentments, but I've not been one to work through them in a healthy way either. I typically run from confrontations like this, smooth them over, and struggle alone and in silence with a fake smile on my face. Now I'm "entirely ready" to have God remove this defect of character. I am not looking for confrontation, but the conflict resolution that comes as a result. Maybe one day soon we can sit down and talk.

The little Garden Tomb... I've always wanted to do something like that with my kids. The build up to Easter Sunday and the empty tomb has been missing from our Resurrection Celebrations. Maybe next year the grands and I can work on something like this.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Martha...baby steps as the Lord leads.
    It sounds like your new group is a better fit and I know healing is coming.
    Wish we could have a chance to sit down and have a good cup of coffee and just chat...it would be so nice,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to sit down and have a cup of coffee and a long chat. Sounds so nice! Maybe one day I'll run off to California again.
      :0)

      Delete