Thursday, April 18, 2019

Fog Horn

On my way to work yesterday, I drove through a few patches of morning fog. The sun was making its appearance, but there were spots along the way where the light was blocked by hills. The hills, even though low lying, momentarily kept the sun from shining through and dissipating the clouds. I drove past a farm shrouded in mist. At ground level the fog appeared thick, but I could see sunlight hitting the barn's peaks and the top of the silo as well. It was really a relatively thin layer and destined to be short lived.

The fog. It's been on my mind. I've been in a fog of my own. Getting tossed out of my step study group was painful and confusing. Another former member told me, "It may not seem like it but this is a blessing!!!! Please trust that God is blessing and protecting you. Give God all of your hurt and pain. And celebrate that you are special enough to God for Him to close this door, knowing God is about to open an even better door for you to get the healing your soul needs." She is right. And I knew she was, but at the time I couldn't see through the fog at ground level to where the sun was shining up above. Today a bit of the fog has burned away and I am beginning to see that God has closed that door and is opening another. He knows exactly what I need and when. (How does He do that?)

Last week I felt like I'd been left without a support group, but God had a different one for me. I'm not quite settled in yet, but it's getting more comfortable and I'm seeing that this group is better suited to my needs than the other one ever was. The fog hasn't completely lifted, but above the clouds, the sun is always shining.


5 comments:

  1. ...the fog was a beautiful start to a sunny day. Wishing you the best on this special weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! Thank you, Tom. I wish you the best as well.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. What an amazing and insiteful anology for you Martha. Beautiful photo and I am so thankful for what God is doing and how he cares for you.
    (((hugs))) Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier to take from this friend because she was also cut from the study. I am grateful for her words of wisdom, and thankful for the love of God to us.
      :0)

      Delete