Monday, April 15, 2019

Bumps

I'm not sure why God has put these difficult days in my life unless He means me to grow in ways I never imagined. I remember being a little girl and waking up in the middle of the night with an aching pain deep in my legs. I couldn't sleep and would cry out for my mother who would go to the kitchen to find me some medicine and a cup of cold water. The pain didn't go away as soon as I swallowed the pill, but I knew relief was on its way. The knowledge alone would enable me to settle back under the covers and allow my body to relax. Before long I would be sound asleep.

I can't see down the road and around the corner any better today than I could when my mom moved into our house eight and a half years ago. From November of 2010 ... "It feels like my family is falling apart. Life is not perfect, instead it dishes up challenges that we must overcome, some of them bigger than we really want to face. I do not know what is down the road and around the corner, I can only hope that the road once again becomes smooth. Until then the bumps threaten to throw us from the vehicle and leave us bleeding on the side of the road."  I made it down that road, not totally unscathed or without bruises, but I made it. I may have found myself bleeding here and there, I came out of the experience stronger and wiser.

Seeing down the road and and around the corner ahead of me is impossible, but looking in my rear view mirror is not. I can turn around and see what God has brought me through, and he's brought me through some hard things, and He's never left me to do it alone.

1 comment:

  1. Yes and amen Martha.I sure don't know why some things happen and the bumps can be so hurtful..But God....
    Maybe the scars you have are a constant reminder of what the Lord has done and is doing in you life.
    Just getting back from a wonderful visit with my younger son. He went through such a horrific divorce and it's good to see how God has brought him through and how much stronger he is because of it. There is redemption with his daughter too...the son not so much but I'm so glad we could see them for ourselves.
    Now that's a sermon for me too as we face some financial issues that are scaring me a whole lot...so..I have to Trust and Push on.
    Love you and continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete