Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Bunch of Stuff That Doesn't Matter


Okay, Rachel, here's my new list, A Bunch of Stuff That Doesn't Matter. It goes along with all the other silly lists I made... (51 Things You Probably Don't Care About and More Things You Really Don't Want to Know
1. My mind is blank.
2. That is not at all unusual.
3. Once in a while I have truly wonderful idea.
4. I need a haircut.
5. I need more exercise.
6. I'd rather take a nap.
7. I have a habit of laughing at nothing.
8. Its been known to offend people.
9. It isn't meant to.
10. Laughing helps me keep (?) my sanity.
11. I need to hang on to what is left of it.
12. I wear my mother's diamond engagement ring along with my wedding band.
13. I also wear a necklace James gave me for Christmas a few years ago.
14. I like jewelry but own just a few pieces. (And that's okay.)
15. I have three grandcats and one granddog.
16. Today I have four extra children in my house.
17. I will have them again on Tuesday.
18. The house is rather noisy at the moment.
19. Today I took a shower, made my bed, did a load of laundry, rediscovered the kitchen, pulled some weeds, and made some chili for supper.
20. The day isn't near over.
21. I'll be tired tonight!
22. I homeschool Ben and Hannah.
23. I miss my homeshooling friends.
24. I like a clean neat house.
25. Mine is neither clean nor neat.
26. I want to do some painting but need to find the time.
27. I like hot chile peppers.
28. Green chiles are great with eggs and potatoes.
29. I have been to New Mexico three times.
30. Once I stayed 6 months.
31. I have been to Texas three times.
32. Once I stayed 10 days.
33. I have been to Florida 5 or 6 times.
34. Once I stayed in a condo in Sea Grove.
35. This fall I will have a new nephew and a new grandchild.
36. It will be strange to be called "Grandma".
37. Once it was strange to be called "Mom".
38. It was also weird to be "Mrs."
39. I am addicted to sugar.
40. It doesn't make me sweet (too bad!).
41. I don't have a Facebook
42. I tried getting one twice but it didn't work.
43. I guess I don't want one anyway.
44. I'd rather blog.
45. I don't speak a foreign language.
46. I took French in 7th grade.
47. I can count to ten and say "I don't feel like it" in French.
48. I know about the same amount of Spanish.
49. My daughter is learning German, kind of...
50. My shoulder blades are aching.
51. I don't think I like that picture.
Okay, that's all until I get a more interesting life...

11 comments:

  1. I tried to get a Facebook twice, too, and it didn't work!! what is the deal with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! (like blogging better I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until you get a more interesting life...

    I'm sure some of your blogging friends find your life pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Pretty Interesting.."... down right funny at times. Then other times.. I wouldn't be you for all the tea in China!! Like when you have 4 extra kids in the house. Now that would make my shoulder blades ache too. :O) I enjoy living vicariously thru you. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having an extremely tough time doing this...and I was thinking it'd be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was counting on you, Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your lists, they often make me chuckle but they help me get to know you a little better. We are a lot alike, lol. Of course, your life is much more interesting than mine! I don't know how you do it all sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowwwwwwwwwww!

    What is that a difficult job,
    writing 51 points about yourself?
    Wow I tried doing this but I didn't do it as well as you...

    have good week... :) JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing. I don't know if I could come up with 51 more that I haven't used before. Your list is funny. You seem sweet (even if it's not from sugar) and funny. I like the comments about "Mom" and "Mrs" being weird too. Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list, Martha! Are you all going to pressure me into doing ANOTHER LIST??

    ReplyDelete