Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wade a Minute!

Creeks are made for wading. Shoes and socks are removed and left safely on the bank while feet are slipped directly into the icy water.

Whenever we went camping at Robert Treman State Park it meant lots of time playing in the water. The creek ran behind the old grist mill and continued on over several waterfalls, down into the swimming hole and finally, somewhere down the line, into Cayuga Lake. The creek was a wonderful place to play. We learned to skip rocks and had all kinds of fun on hot summer days.

I love this old photograph of my dad helping me put my shoes and socks back on my feet. It amazes me as an adult how much love can be translated from parent to child in such a simple act.

6 comments:

  1. I really like this picture. I agree, it's the little things that mean so much. What fun camping memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, probably about 5 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Treman Park once when I was about 11 or so... It was very pretty!

    ReplyDelete