Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mom's Birthday

Today was Mom's 73rd birthday. Rachel and I decided we should help her celebrate with a little family cookout. We were missing a few members (Priscilla was in Long Island, Dave and Leta were busy, and Jim is in Minneapolis) but we still had enough people for a party. The weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy being either inside or outside, well... aside from the bees we enjoyed outside... Hannah and the boys went swimming and we enjoyed looking at old photos and visiting in the living room. I love family get togethers and I love to watch my dad laugh as he tells of his boyhood escapades... but that's another story...

Happy Birthday, Mom!

7 comments:

  1. I love hearing dad too! I wish the battery wasn't dead on our camcorder. Have you ever heard his bee stories? It was a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice that you can get together as a family!
    Happy Birthday from me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha,
    What a dear sweet woman, be glas you can still hugh her and I hope you had a wonderfull day!
    ( even thoug ome members of the fmily were missing....)


    :) JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wish her a happy birthday from me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice party. I hope she had a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to have parents close by. I bet she loves you and Rachel making her feel so special!

    ReplyDelete