Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just Bluffing

It was cool morning. The sun was well hidden behind a thick and sometimes threatening cloud cover, but it wasn't raining. Rachel and the boys showed up at 10:25 am and soon after we headed out for a hike at Chimney Bluffs. After taking the best "old lady" route down to the lakeshore we started our walk, but not before I had to head back to the van for new camera batteries. I just couldn't make the camera work right. With new batteries installed, I was able to take a few pictures but not long after they died too. (Good thing Rachel had her camera along! I was taking movies and didn't know it.) We walked along the water's edge, then we headed back the other direction, had lunch, and hiked along the top of the bluffs. Rather than take the kids, who kept disappearing, back along the top, we climbed down by the shore again where Rachel and I found a nice log to sit on while the kids played in the water. Two of them got soaked but they were having fun, so I decided to forgive them. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, a cool fresh breeze blowing, no biting flies or scorching sun... It was a beautiful day even if I did have to wash Alysa's clothes when we got back home. (pictures coming soon, I hope...) Thanks, Rachie!

8 comments:

  1. The pictures are uploading onto Kodak gallery right now, so you will have them really soon. It was a great day, and we had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely, I am so glad you got away for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a good time! We were with a 5 year old this weekend and I was amazed at how quick she got so dirty. She was a trooper though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of a day long ago when some certain little kids I know of got a "little" wet when playing at the lake. What good memories and what HUGE waves! It's so fun to live next to the lake... I should make sure to enjoy it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and for commenting there. I hope you have your camera back or get it back soon. I noted you said you missed it.

    Thanks again.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking my kids to Chimney Bluffs is anything but relaxing! They scare me to death climbing all over the place, hanging over the ledges by a scrawny little tree... YIKES! But glad you had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete