Monday, August 13, 2007

Determination

A few days ago, as I headed out to Webster, I saw a lone sunflower growing in the middle of the highway. There didn't appear to be any dirt along the concrete highway divider where it stood looking into the sunshine, but there it was none the less. I wondered not only how it came to grow there but at the determination it spoke to me. When things seem impossible, when there isn't much to go on, when no one stands beside me, will I still be able to stand? Will I bring a smile to the face of someone passing by? Can I continue on never knowing that I was an encouragement to someone else along the way and do what God calls me to? I couldn't take a picture but I can see that flower in my mind's eye, standing there, a bright spot along an otherwise drab stretch of highway.

8 comments:

  1. I can picture it in my head! thanks for telling this story. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when a "God Moment" happens just for you! Thanks for sharing...good illustration...real good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture it too, and that's a very good analogy, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I got sunflowers dancing in my head. Beautiful, thanks for sharing the vision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how it ( the flower) looks and what you mean....

    Great filosofical words:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that flower and wondered how it got there too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great thought, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you encourage me!
    God puts beauty in the places we need it the most.

    ReplyDelete