Friday, August 03, 2007

Picking Friends

Today was our last day of VBS. I never consider it an exausting task but it always is. Maybe it is getting up just a little earlier than normal, maybe it is adding something different to my schedule, maybe it is the fact that I'm always picking berries that week. Whatever the cause VBS makes me tired. I'll be ready to stay home tomorrow, I wonder if that will happen?

A friend came to pick berries this morning when I was gone to the church. It was a relief to know that someone would be picking because there were a whole lot of blue berries out there last night. Now I won't have to worry about picking tonight. Phew!

8 comments:

  1. I like blueberries, can I have some? I saw you at church today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Joe! Come and get some blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came today (at 2:30 ish) and no one was home :( Then I stole some blueberries. But I didn't pick them myself as they were waiting for me on your counter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about the end of VBS week--great as it is, it just plain wears you out. But God is sufficient, and gives us the strength we need--as you so nicely expressed yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, it was much too hot to pick berries at 2:30. I'm glad you found some on the counter. (I thought Dad had eaten a rather large amount of berries...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Martha: I've been gone a long time...I missed your great pics. I just scrolled down to your previous posts, and they are all wonderful...love the cat!!! I just bought blueberries at Trader Joes today...how I wish I could just pick them!
    Thanks for your sweet comments while I was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't made it there and I don't know if I will. Something about driving all the way to your house in a minivan full of kids in the heat sounds rather exhausting. Like VBS only different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that your busy week is over too. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete